I offer two types of classes: One and Done and Personal Courses. Text (601) 641-9249 to book!
Students will make a small nativity. There are lots of types and sizes that you’ll get to choose from, as well as your glaze.
This class is for the kids! The can either design their own ornament, or we can do a handprint ornament for baby’s first Christmas (or 2nd or 3rd!). These classes are short and available on Tuesday afternoons and Saturday mornings. The handprint ornaments will be returned to you ready to paint – you can find plenty of ideas from Pinterest on how you’d like them to be designed. Make a few and give them to the grandparents! If you’d like – you can even do your dog’s paw print!
Students will make a medium platter (5×9 or 4×10 approximately) using textures and their raised designs. It is a single class that will meet for about an hour, where you build your platter and then I will finish (smoothing the bottom, checking for burs), fire in the kiln, and glaze the piece in your choice of glaze.
These classes are $30 for a single platter class and $40 for a medium and small platter per person.
This is a class where you make a cup or a tumbler from a slab. It will be straight sided and you can do whatever texture or design you choose. It will not have a handle. These work well for pencil holders or as vases as well! It will meet once for an hour and half or so and then I will finish, smooth, fire, and glaze the pieces.
These classes are $45 per person.
Please Read the Studio Rules and Liability Waiver! You will have to check that you agree to them when you sign up for the class.
Please read through this as you will check that you have read it and agree to it before signing up for a class. A pottery studio can be a dangerous place if proper safety precautions are not followed. Anyone rude, unruly, or disobedient to the rules will be asked to leave the premises.
Safety in the Pottery Studio
1. Always follow the instructions of your teacher.
2. Students will not load, unload or operate the pottery kilns.
3. Keep hair tied back.
4. Do not wear articles of clothing or jewelry that hang off the body.
5. Do not wear open toed or open heeled footwear (i.e., flip-flops, sandals or clogs) in the pottery studio.
6. Do not use any equipment without an instructor present.
7. All completed work must be picked up from Xapa Studio no later than 6 weeks after the student’s final class. Xapa Studio is not responsible for any work left longer than 6 weeks. It is the student’s responsibility to pick up their work.
8. Any students under the age of 12 must have a parent or guardian with them for the duration of the class.
- In connection with my involvement in ceramic art classes at Xapa Studio LLC, I hereby release Xapa Studio LLC, its agents, representatives, successors, or assignees, including Xapa Studio LLC management and employees, from all liabilities, actions, claims, damages, demands, costs, and expenses which I am now or in the future have against them, arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in art classes, including enroute to or from the program or its related events.
- I understand that the waiver includes, but is not limited to, all injuries to me and or loss of injuries to any personal property. I also understand that this waiver includes, but is not limited to, any claims that are based on my alleged negligence or any other action or inaction of any of the above parties.